I've done more sewing than knitting the past few days. I sewed the zipper into the little Rugby Stripe sweater I knit for little Isak.
I've decided that this little sweater is much too big for a newborn, so I'm giving it to my friend Kenza for her son Tarak. If it doesn't fit Tarak or he refuses to wear it (having his own 2-year-old sense of style), Kenza will pass it on to a child on her visit to Morocco. I'd love to see Tarak wear it, but it would be equally cool to think that one of my sweaters is halfway around the world.
I also sewed my own personal label into the sweater. I have two types, with care instructions. This sweater has a machine wash delicate/tumble dry low label. The labels for wool items say to hand wash in cold water and lay flat to dry.
I also sewed the zipper into Morgayn's zippered sweatshirt. Here's the sweater, inside out, with the front basted together and the zipper taped into place:
And here's Morgayn wearing the finished sweater:
Here's a 3/4 view:
And here's one that shows the cable that runs from the neck all the way down the sleeve and the waist ribbing that gives this sweater its shape. The ribbing is the only shaping in the body of the sweater; no short row bust darts, no side increases and decreases.
And here's the back view:
Meanwhile, I'm down to a pair of toe-up socks on the needles. I was trying to get gauge for Nona's Sidewinders, but failed, so I decided to knit a pair of knee socks toe-up instead. I've gotten to the shaping for the calves.
I bought some Cherry Hill sock yarn earlier this week. Such yummy colors.