Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Speak No Evil

An odd thing happened the other night.

I finished Azteca and went rummaging through my stash for a sweater's worth of cotton yarn.

I couldn't find any. There were bits of cotton yarn left over from various projects, but not enough to actually make anything interesting. For that matter, there were only 4 sweaters' worth of wool yarn in my stash, plus enough sock yarn for 5 pairs of socks or so.

My yarn diet has been successful. Too successful, in fact.

I got the shakes. I went into yarn withdrawal. I sweated at the thought of having to spend a whole evening without knitting.

When the going gets tough, though...


...the tough go shopping!

I picked up some Plymouth Kudo (55% cotton, 40% rayon, 5% silk).


When I got it home, my daughter said “It's lovely -- like a dark forest night all full of moths.”

“What did you say?” I demanded before I saw the evil twinkle in her eye.

I'm swatching for a poncho sweater, with some other dribs and drabs of leftover yarn that coordinate nicely.

Nothing left to do but knit knit knit.

And thank my lucky stars that I have so little stash that the m-word can't worry me.

No comments: